Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Orusts

Shipped to me on one of the coldest night of the year, these 5 Orust made it to the warm brooder of my ceasing-to-amaze-me neighbours, then in a quick and warm jaunt in a box under my coat, to my house. 
 

They sure are more quiet, frail and smaller then the Welsummers and Beilfelders and for my opinion and in a survival theory, their cuteness sure has kept the breed going. Hailed from Sweden on an southern island called Orust, they are locally known as Orusthöns. They are found along the shorelines foraging upon the crustacean and arthropods who find these black and white striped flocks diligently parading for food.  A site with more photos of Orusts



Each chick has a unquie spotted pattern on their head leading me to begin the naming, There is star, heart, club....



No comments:

Post a Comment