Wednesday, March 25, 2015

3/25 5 weeks versus 3 weeks



I can't believe it has only been a little over a month since the first package with the tiny Orusts arrived. Then the second package arrived the beginning of this month. They were all so tiny to begin with... Now look at them! I'm not sure whom is cuter, what do you think? The little one is 3 weeks, and the bigger is 5 weeks old. Such a difference! ;)



These very hand tame, fall asleep in your pocket, movie watching, calm demeanour, consume-all-in-sight breed has been such a delight to own. They perch on your finger like a parakeet, and run to the food and water bowl in the mornings, inspecting your hands for food or treats.
Speaking of treats.. they got to eat meal worms. (uck!) the slowly squirming yellow creatures looking nothing like food to me, but to these birds, they were a wonderful surprise. Took several minutes to get adjusted, and the big brothers attempted first, but soon all were dashing for the bowl when dropped in.

I am so lucky to own such a beautiful breed!

Until next time!

SpotOn Farms





3 comments:

  1. Hi Alice!! Your birds look awsome!!!
    Can I buy eggs off of you when they start laying? I use a lot of egg whites. I will give you my contact info next time I see you. Keep up the amazing work you are doing . You are the coolest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes and yes! mid-june it should be. ;)

    ReplyDelete