Monday, April 10, 2017

Sectional next steps.

Today I cleaned and straightened, organized seedling rows, removed debris and weeds on lower step.  i also added an arrangement of parsley, arugula, and thyme.

Upper step I planted frost hardy flowers, and two types of carrots.

I also prepped my squash mound for several special crookneck seeds I aquired.

Planted northern beans with a trellis. Tho they say they are Bush beans, they still need a support.

The past week we had over 4" of rain, in my first couple summers of gardening, I would suffer from rsoil run off due to the natural slope and exposure of my yard. So, I've learned that I needed to have raised beds. I've upcycled old window frames and pallets, and even bamboo poles, to help me. Every year I am pleased with myself as I build something bigger and better.

These bags are doing my composting. Left over from feed or seeds, they come in handy after their initial use is over. I love giving things a second life. So, it was time to shovel out the coops, for winter may be great for the deep liter method, but you still need to clean it out come the soggy rainy spring!
Every bag is 3/4 full leaving room for shutting the top and then flipping it over on itself. I gave them the southern facing view. The bags are still warm well after dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment